- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Cardiometabolic
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: whiteswell.com
- Company Address: 62 Briarhill Business Park, Ballybrit, Galway , IE, H91T0H7
About WhiteSwellMinimally invasive catheter to remove fluid from the lymphatic system to treat heart failure
You are motivated by innovation that impacts lives. You excel when dealing with complex
challenges, able to dive into the details while keeping an eye on the overarching objectives.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift
treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system
in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do
• Work as part of the engineering team on new product development projects, specifically
component, process, and supplier development.
• Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria,
and develop novel fixtures and test apparatus to evaluate concepts.
• Develop ex-vivo test models and methodologies for product performance evaluations. Build
and test prototypes, analysing test data to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
• Manage the R&D laboratory (safety, scheduling, stock, equipment calibration) to ensure
availability and function for all R&D testing needs.
• Research state of the art technologies to identify technical capabilities that can advance and
accelerate the company’s R&D projects and enhance product manufacturability.
• Implement DFM and DFA techniques into the design and development process.
• Evaluate, with the team, the design and supply chain risks in the project and develop
strategies to highlight, monitor, manage and mitigate these risks.
• Prepare reports, documents, procedures, specifications, and technical documents in
accordance with Quality System requirements to ensure the success of the project.
What you bring
• A BSc or MSc in biomedical, mechanical, polymer, or materials engineering. A Masters or PhD in a
related field is highly desirable.
• 1-3 years of experience in a technical role at a MedTech company or an industry with regulated
products and processes.
• Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental
engineering principles and medical device processing technologies.
• Excellent oral and written English language and communication skills. Can express
him/herself spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning
even in complex situations.
• Proficient in SolidWorks CAD design.
• A proactive approach that enables delivery of the work required to advance the project with
a minimal amount of direction.
• Dedication to hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments by following
through, acting with a clear sense of ownership, and taking personal responsibility for
decisions, actions, and failures.