- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Vaccine
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.vaxcyte.com
- Company Address: 353 Hatch Drive, Foster City, CA, 94404
- Salary Range: $165,000 - $172,500
About VaxcyteHigh-fidelity vaccines against pneumococcal infection and other bacterial infections
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with an expanded breadth of coverage of greater than 30 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
The Sr. Manager of Manufacturing Accounting will be responsible for all elements of our manufacturing accounting process, and will report to the Associate Director of Accounting, GL & Manufacturing. Our manufacturing accounting process is deemed a critical accounting area that requires substantial focus and expertise. The individual must be comfortable in a high priority and high intensity role while interacting with key business partners (internal and external). The ideal candidate is one who has an aptitude for learning, especially in uncharted territory, customer-centric and accustomed to a fast-paced environment. In addition, we are looking for a candidate who is flexible and has a passion for innovation and improvement in processes. A successful candidate is one who has great attention to details and strong oral and written communication skills. The candidate must have experience in Research & Development accounting with ability to quickly learn VAX-24 and VAX-XP manufacturing processes to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Proactively learn and understand Vaxcyte’s manufacturing process to assist in accrual efficiency.
- Review contracts to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Prepare accruals for manufacturing vendors.
- Prepare trackers that list all contracts and invoices to date by key vendor.
- Interact and collaborate with key business partners and vendors.
- Document procedures performed and best practices.
- Improve current processes.
- Prepare fluctuation analyses.
- Assist with the implementation and maintain and adhere to internal controls under SOX 404(b) and policies and procedures.
- Review, reconcile and input manufacturing production results on a daily basis.
- Report on periodic variances, batch failures and their causes and financial impact on a regular basis.
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Complete other Accounting / Finance duties as requested.
- Assist with implementation of various financial systems and special projects as the manufacturing SME.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance (or related experience).
- 8+ years of accounting experience, Biotech and Manufacturing Accounting experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with complex accrual accounting and estimation process, particularly the use of percentage of completion estimation of services/goods delivery by vendors.
- Experience in Research & Development accounting especially with external manufacturing & development partners with willingness to learn new concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in working closely with business partners and vendors in high priority accounting areas.
- Demonstrated accounting for inventory and COGS elements like batches completed, manufacturing yields, and batch re-manufacture and / or willingness to learn new concepts.
- Proactive in manually tracking updates to all manufacturing accruals including new contracts executed and invoices paid.
- Accounting experience in a publicly traded company required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate to employees at all levels and to outside vendors.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Previous experience with an ERP system (NetSuite) a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
- Positive work ethic and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- A collaborative team player, able to partner with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Exceptional focus on customer service.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: Associate Director of Accounting, GL & Manufacturing
Location: San Carlos, CA
The compensation will be competitive.
Salary Range: $165,000-$172,500