- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.veronapharma.com
- Company Address: 3 More London Riverside, London, UK SE1 2RE, GB
- Salary Range: NA
About Verona PharmaVerona Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for the treatment of chronic respiratory diseases with significant unmet medical needs. If successfully developed and approved, Verona Pharma's product candidate, ensifentrine, has the potential to be the first therapy for the treatment of respiratory diseases that combines bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory activities in one compound.
Our mission is to improve the health and quality of life for the millions of people affected by chronic respiratory diseases. We do this through the development of our first-in-class molecule, ensifentrine. Ensifentrine has the potential to provide relief for millions of patients suffering from a variety of respiratory conditions including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) and asthma. Our focus is driven by our desire to ensure that innovative and differentiated molecules can reach these patients.
The experience of the Verona team, and its highly effective leadership allows us to challenge the status quo in drug development and commercialization. Verona provides a professional, diverse, and inclusive working environment where our employees thrive. We are driven to succeed by our desire to help those dealing with the chronic progressive nature of respiratory diseases. We offer you the opportunity to help create a new future for those people living with respiratory diseases.
Verona Pharma is currently recruiting a Sr HR Generalist to join our team, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting and/or leading core Human Resources functions including employee engagement, benefits administration, HRIS management, compensation, and general HR operations.
Remote working and flexibility are important parts of our culture at Verona. However, we are looking for candidates based in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area as you will periodically be required to go into the Raleigh office for key meetings, training, and other activities as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will be intellectually curious, responsive, highly communicative, approachable, and proactive, with a high level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Benefits administration, to include open enrollment, carrier feeds, proper billing, required reporting, and issue resolution.
- Maintain online employee files and records through our HRIS.
- Lead New Hire Orientation for new hires.
- Support employees and leaders through the coordination and/or management of various leave types – this could include medical, personal, jury duty, worker’s comp, etc.
- Lead compensation review efforts, annual reporting, as well as ongoing review of internal and external pay equity.
- Assist with design and development of HR programs that drive employee engagement, build the culture we want and help ensure the company continues to be a great place to work.
- Partner on the management of Verona’s social media accounts including Twitter, LinkedIn, and our website, focusing on ways to best target candidates and highlight our culture and work environments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources; pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Experience with working on and in some cases managing an HRIS system; experience with Namely preferred.
- Experience working with insurance carriers and vendors, and successfully navigating benefit challenges as they may arise.
- Previous experience with compensation is desired (salary bands, competitive review, etc.); experience with Radford is a plus.
- Ability to work across multiple projects effectively, with autonomy and flexibility.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency and accountability in day-to-day work.
Why Join Us?
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. Trust, accountability and efficiency are core values that drive our working environment. All employees work from home, and, and we welcome employees who wish to come into our Raleigh, NC or Savannah, GA office, when they wish to come in. All employees are issued laptops and a new hire stipend of $650 to purchase any needed equipment to set up an efficient and effective home office. Our employees use their personal cell phones for work, and they receive a $100 stipend each month to help cover those costs. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including generous PTO, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Verona Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Verona Pharma are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.