- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Vaccine
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.vaxcyte.com
- Company Address: 353 Hatch Drive, Foster City, CA, 94404
- Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000
About VaxcyteHigh-fidelity vaccines against pneumococcal infection and other bacterial infections
Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX) is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-XP, a PCV with coverage of 31 strains; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; and VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com.
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 150 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following the October 2022 follow-on equity offering, which generated approximately $651 million in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. On October 24, 2022, the Company announced positive topline safety, tolerability and immunogenicity data from the Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-XP, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
Vaxcyte is looking for a senior paralegal to join the legal team. The position will support the Company’s General Counsel and legal functions of the Company. The position is for a generalist with a life science/healthcare background and a focus on corporate governance, compliance, negotiation and execution of contracts. The successful candidate is interested in a wide range of projects to support corporate, IP, employment, clinical trial, research and development and manufacturing legal areas. Additionally, the successful candidate will feel comfortable working in rapidly growing public company and be proactive and able to independently as well as with all functional area teams of the company to support legal needs.
- Provide general corporate support as needed, including assistance with management meetings, Board agendas, minutes and materials.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to General Counsel, Corporate Counsel and full Legal Department.
- Maintain the efficiency of all office procedures and document management to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Assist with Compliance activities including policy reviews and sign-off.
- Assist with review and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Coordination with Procurement and Finance teams on internal contract request and invoice processes.
- Track legal invoices and budget; assist in the budget to actuals activities.
- Provision of trainings and information on internal legal processes.
- Organize and track CLE information and opportunities for full legal team.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university degree preferred; foreign JD is also acceptable.
- Paralegal certificate from ABA approved paralegal program or 24 credits in paralegal studies at an accredited college or university is required.
- 5-10+ years professional experience supporting life sciences, pharma or biotech companies as a Paralegal, experience in a law firm is a plus.
- Must have familiarity with legal documents, agreements, and terminology.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with legal repository and/or contract management systems, including Ironclad.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Reports to: General Counsel
Location: San Carlos, CA; hybrid remote work option available
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component.
Salary Range: $120,000-140,000