- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Drug Discovery and Tools
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: ventustx.com
- Company Address: 100 Beaver St, Suite 202, Waltham, MA, 02453
- Salary Range: NA
About Ventus TherapeuticsPlatform for structure-based drug discovery to target difficult-to-drug proteins
Ventus Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company deploying leading-edge structural biology and computational chemistry tools to create novel small molecule medicines for challenging targets, with an initial focus on immunology, inflammation and neurology.
Our proprietary drug discovery platform, ReSOLVE, gives us the ability to discover and develop medicines through unique insights into protein targets and to create dynamic blueprints that can guide the development of differentiated small molecule medicines. Our lead programs target key innate immune modulators, including NLRP3 and cGAS. We aim to use the ReSOLVE platform to improve the way medicines are discovered and developed, with the ultimate goal of restoring the health of people facing serious illnesses.
Ventus Therapeutics is seeking an enthusiastic animal health technician to join our in vivo pharmacology team in Montreal. The pharmacology team has a central role in drug discovery, working closely with Drug, Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) and biology teams, screening compounds to evaluate their pharmacologic profile and generating efficacy data in pre-clinical animal models, ultimately leading to the identification and profiling of development candidates. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to a well-funded biotech, using breakthrough science to identify novel drugs for challenging targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all in vivo DMPK studies (PKs) in rodents (mouse and rat) in a regulated environment, following standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Real-time documentation of experimental work
- Provide support in the lab on pharmacology studies led by the team, including pharmacodynamic and efficacy studies in mouse
- Animal Health diploma or relevant experience with laboratory mice or rats
- 1+ year of experience in small animal handling and basic in vivo procedures in rodents, such as drug administration, blood and tissue collection, and animal care
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to project needs
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with both mouse and rat handling is preferred
- Functional written and oral bilingualism (French and English) is preferred