- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Drug Discovery and Tools
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: ventustx.com
- Company Address: 100 Beaver St, Suite 202, Waltham, MA, 02453
- Salary Range: NA
About Ventus TherapeuticsPlatform for structure-based drug discovery to target difficult-to-drug proteins
Ventus Therapeutics is a private, well-funded, pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing structural biology and a proprietary computational platform to identify and develop small molecule therapeutics across a broad range of diseases. Ventus’ proprietary drug discovery platform ReSOLVE gives it the ability to discover and develop medicines through unique insights into protein targets and to create dynamic blueprints that can guide the development of differentiated small molecule medicines.
We are seeking an accomplished expert in machine learning and artificial intelligence to lead and grow a team of scientists, engineers and machine learning experts aiming to solve hard computational challenges in small molecule drug discovery. You will join a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, science driven research team developing an industry-leading, physics and ML based platform for in silico discovery of medicines for previously undrugged targets. Leveraging proprietary simulation and experimental data you will lead development and implementation of novel ML algorithms aimed to dramatically improve the speed of drug candidate discovery and optimization.
We are seeking candidates with a passion for developing new medicines, creativity and tenacity for solving scientific challenges, and an ambition to tackle challenging goals.
· Lead conception, design and development of innovative AI/ML solutions to advance Ventus’ ReSOLVE platform for in silico drug discovery
· Partner with internal departments and research scientists to achieve company’s goals
· Build effective external relationships and collaborations to inform and accelerate the development of company’s AI/ML capabilities
· Develop, present, and execute AI/ML strategy aligned with company’s objectives
· Identify, monitor, and evaluate relevant external AI/ML developments to further innovation and advance the in silico capability development
· Recruit and develop AI/ML scientists
· An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or similar
· 10+ years of industry experience developing advanced ML and deep learning models and solutions, including geometric deep learning, generative models, reinforcement learning, multimodal learning, Bayesian learning, etc. In particular, experience with 3D convolutions is necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex research problems and generate innovative ideas
· A track record of building effective partnerships with cross-functional teams to develop and deploy novel data solutions in production environments
· Excellent communication, prioritization, and interpersonal skills
· Experience with ML applications in life sciences is highly desired