- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Oncology
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.vorbio.com
- Company Address: 100 Cambridgepark Dr, Suite 101, Cambridge, MA, 02140
- Salary Range: NA
About Vor BioHematopoietic stem cells to optimize stem cell transplants for cancer
We make healthy cells invisible to targeted therapies
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor Bio, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Passion: Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fellowship: Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Humility: Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
Who we are looking for:
Vor Bio is looking for a motivated and organized co-op to join our Finance and Accounting team to support accounting and FP&A activities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with various functions throughout the business and be exposed to all stages of the financial process. The candidate will also gain a stronger appreciation for the operations of a growing company in the biotech/pharma life science field.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and perform detailed analyses over fluctuations
- Prepare daily bank reconciliation
- Prepare and process general journal entries as required on daily and monthly basis
- Prepare monthly credit card reconciliation
- Respond to information requests and provide support to external auditors during reviews and audits
- Document compliance with monthly and quarterly controls (SOX 404)
- Review employee expense reports
- Monitor the AP inbox and coordinate the payment of external vendors
- Help with special projects for the VP Finance and CFO
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Preferred in Excel: the ability to run pivot tables, analyze large data sets, use advanced formulas (i.e., VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
- Prior administrative work experience, strongly preferred
- Customer service mindset and a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals (both internally and with external vendors)
- Trustworthy and able to act with discretion when handling sensitive, confidential information
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and follow up
- A desire to work in the biotech industry and grow in a financial role
By becoming a team member here at Vor, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, parental leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. We are conveniently located in
Cambridge with easy access to public transportation and ample parking.
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Bio know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In an effort to protect our coworkers and communities from COVID-19, where permitted by law Vor Biopharma Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date with their vaccination unless they receive an approved reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.