- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Manufacturing
- Industry: Oncology
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.vorbio.com
- Company Address: 100 Cambridgepark Dr, Suite 101, Cambridge, MA, 02140
- Salary Range: NA
About Vor BioHematopoietic stem cells to optimize stem cell transplants for cancer
We make healthy cells invisible to targeted therapies
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor Bio, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Passion: Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fellowship: Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Humility: Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
Who we are looking for:
Vor Bio is seeking a candidate who will be an integral part of building in-house manufacturing site and associated processes. The candidate will be responsible for executing manufacturing of Vor’s clinical therapies and maintaining compliance to cGMP’s in the manufacturing areas. Additionally, the candidate will support tech transfer activities by working with the MSAT and PD groups.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Supports/performs cleanroom operations, including reviewing and tracking of equipment records for PM/calibration and cleanroom maintenance and cleaning
- Work with the Process Development and MSAT groups to support the development of manufacturing processes to internal manufacturing site
- Strict adherence to current good manufacturing practices, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing documentation
- Establish and follow written procedures for clear and accurate documentation of equipment operation and process instructions and of process data
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related field
- 1 - 5 years of experience in cGMP manufacturing with hands-on experience in cell therapy production and aseptic manufacturing techniques
By becoming a team member here at Vor, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, parental leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. We are conveniently located in
Cambridge with easy access to public transportation and ample parking.
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Bio know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In an effort to protect our coworkers and communities from COVID-19, where permitted by law Vor Biopharma Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date with their vaccination unless they receive an approved reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.