- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Oncology
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: www.vorbio.com
- Company Address: 100 Cambridgepark Dr, Suite 101, Cambridge, MA, 02140
About Vor BioHematopoietic stem cells to optimize stem cell transplants for cancer
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor Bio, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Passion: Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fellowship: Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Humility: Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
Who we are looking for:
Vor Bio is seeking a motivated Accountant/Senior Accountant to join a growing and dynamic team. As a key member of the Finance team, the Accountant will primarily be responsible for the finance department's day-to-day operations, including preparing journal entries, monthly close documentation, payroll administration, controls implementation, and ad hoc finance tasks. This position requires an organized and highly motivated team player with strong initiative and communication skills. We are seeking an experienced candidate with an understanding of the full cycle monthly close and accounts payable process. The finance team is currently working onsite in the Cambridge office 3 days per week.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Key preparer of monthly journal entries, reconciliation schedules, and close documentation
- Responsible for most aspects of the financial reporting processes
- Timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations and analyses related, but not limited to, the Company’s cash, credit cards, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, and investment accounts, as well as oversight of the accounts payable
- Review of P&L accounts to resolve classification issues
- Support weekly payment run and banking assistance (wires and foreign currency purchases)
- Assist with financial, tax, and controls audits and reviews
- Operate in accordance with a strong internal control environment, and identify areas where you can make improvements to the control environment
- Work with the team on establishing appropriate processes leading to SOX compliance processes
- Other ad hoc reporting tasks as needed (including assisting in the compilation and review of Forms 10-K and 10-Q)
Skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field preferred, with 1-4 years of experience, preferably in the life science and/or healthcare industry
- Knowledge of US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts are required
- Strong organizational skills, aptitude for problem-solving, and an ability to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers
- Must be able to manage workload and prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines while exhibiting strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with co-workers and various levels of management as needed
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite with explicit proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Oracle Fusion preferred
- Experience with Prendio procurement system preferred
- Experience with Paylocity preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- CPA license or similar preferred, but not required
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
By becoming a team member here at Vor, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, parental leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. We are conveniently located in
Cambridge with easy access to public transportation and ample parking.
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Bio know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In an effort to protect our coworkers and communities from COVID-19, where permitted by law Vor Biopharma Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date with their vaccination unless they receive an approved reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.