- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 12/04/2023
- Website: racap.com
- Company Address: 200 Berkeley Street, 18th Floor, Boston, MA, 02116
About RA Capital ManagementRA Capital Management is a multi-stage investment manager dedicated to evidence-based investing in public and private healthcare and life science companies, and private planetary health companies.
Planetary Health Associates work to identify and contextualize new technologies and assess their investment potential by analyzing their path to commercial-scale production and market adoption. Associates work side-by-side with members of the Investment Team and typically cover several sectors that are important for climate change and environmental health, becoming our in-house experts who can help determine technical and economic feasibility and predict what companies are best positioned for success in a given market. We are seeking results-oriented individuals who share our core characteristics: intellectually curious, open-minded, and driven to help fund cost-effective solutions to reduce emissions, increase resource availability, and restore environmental quality. Furthermore, our focus on professional development helps Associates gain skills and experience that can ultimately facilitate their transition into our Investment Team, our RAVen incubator, or our portfolio companies. More information on RA Capital’s Planetary Health team and strategy, as well as examples of competitive landscapes, can be found at https://www.racap.com/planetary-health.
- Develop and maintain expertise in several sectors that are important for climate change and environmental health
- Create and update competitive landscapes in key sectors that help inform investment decisions by identifying which companies are best positioned for market success
- Meet with relevant companies (C-suite) to evaluate investment opportunities
- Conduct investment due diligence alongside members of the Investment Team
- Develop financial and techno-economic models to guide investment decisions
- Analyze technologies and market conditions and communicate their impact in a given space with urgency and attention to detail
- Interview and survey key opinion leaders and subject matter experts
- Attend scientific and investor conferences to source new ideas and talent
- PhD, MS, or equivalent in a technical field (Materials Sciences, Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity investing, or similarly highly analytical and demanding roles with a focus on rigorous financial modeling; OR
- 2+ years relevant science, engineering, or technology work experience related to climate change and environmental health
Have questions? Take a look at the Planetary Health page.