- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Genetic Medicine
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: wavelifesciences.com
- Company Address: 733 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02138
About Wave Life SciencesStereopure oligonucleotides for Huntington's disease and other serious genetic conditions
Wave Life Sciences (Wave) is a biotechnology company focused on delivering transformational therapies for patients with serious, genetically defined diseases. We differentiate ourselves through our proprietary chemistry platform that enables the production of stereopure oligonucleotides precisely targeting the underlying cause of rare diseases. At Wave, we welcome those who share a passion to change lives and embrace a culture that is thoughtful, dynamic, humble, and fearless. Together, we can contribute to our mission enabling every patient with a genetic disease to have access to life changing treatments.
Wave seeks a Associate Director, Investor Relations (IR) to join our IR and Corporate Affairs team. Wave is looking for top talent with a strong interest in biotech drug development to join a growing genetic medicines company with multiple clinical and preclinical programs in neurological, muscle and hepatic diseases, as well as a novel and expanding oligonucleotide therapeutics platform. The Associate Director, IR, will be a key partner in the IR and Corporate Affairs function at Wave. S/he will report to the Vice President, IR and Corporate Affairs, work directly with Corporate Communications and New Product Planning / Corporate Strategy functions, as well as working closely with senior leadership and cross-functional groups. This role will contribute to the strategic messaging for Wave’s platform and programs during a dynamic period for the company.
- Lead planning and content development for quarterly earnings and assist in other key announcements and data disclosures
- Prepare and manage communication materials for investors including corporate presentations, press releases, conference call scripts and Q&A documents
- Ensure timely input and internal alignment in IR strategies, messages, and activities
- Lead coordination of investor relations conference calendar and prepare background information and input on investors for key spokespeople in advance of conferences
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Communications to ensure consistent messaging
- Engage with research and clinical teams to develop key messages and materials to communicate Wave’s platform and therapeutic programs to analysts and investors.
- Manage the IR website in collaboration with Corporate Communications
- Track and summarize all analyst models and consensus estimates, as well as published commentary for Wave and relevant competitor programs
- Analyze and monitor the company’s shareholder base and create reports summarizing trends and shifts amongst our stockholders
- Collaborate closely with New Product Planning / Corporate Strategy on competitive intelligence and analysis of industry peers
- Develop expertise in oligonucleotides and diseases states that Wave is pursuing treatments for, as well as competitors and macro-level trends in the genetic medicines field
- Provide general project support for external initiatives, projects and events within Corporate Affairs
- Support VP in providing accurate and timely responses to inquiries from investors and analysts
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline is required. Advanced scientific degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, DVM, MS) is a plus
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, preferably in investor relations, biotech investing, biotech venture capital, or equity research within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of the pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills and an ability to summarize complex medical and scientific information using terms and concepts that are most relevant and appropriate for different audiences
- Experience in rare and/or genetic diseases is a plus
- Ability to work cross-functionally with demonstrated interest working in a high-science environment and with senior leaders
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with appropriate regulatory and legal requirements
Throughout the global pandemic, Wave has been committed to ensuring the safety of all employees and their families, while continuing to move the business forward so that we can deliver on our commitment to patients. We have implemented an approach to COVID-19 that is informed by the science and aligns to recommendations established by the CDC and other applicable government health agencies. To that end, Wave has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires its employees to be vaccinated to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Wave Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wave Life Sciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wave Life Sciences expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wave Life Sciences’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.