- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Oncology
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: www.vorbio.com
- Company Address: 100 Cambridgepark Dr, Suite 101, Cambridge, MA, 02140
About Vor BioHematopoietic stem cells to optimize stem cell transplants for cancer
Targeted therapies work by attacking cells that express particular proteins on their surface. Unfortunately, both diseased and healthy cells often express the same proteins, resulting in collateral damage to healthy cells.
At Vor Bio, we engineer hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) to lack a biologically redundant target protein, then transplant these cells into the patient.
These eHSCs give rise to generations of new healthy blood cells that are effectively invisible to targeted therapies. Diseased cells displaying the target protein and are then vulnerable to attack. This process potentially broadens the therapeutic window and improves the utility of complementary targeted therapies.
What we value in our fellow Voracians
Passion: Enthusiastically driving our science toward innovative medicines
Fellowship: Fostering genuine bonds of collaboration and mentorship
Humility: Acting selflessly by putting the collective mission first
Who we are looking for:
Vor Bio is seeking a Senior/Principal Associate Research Scientist to join our Preclinical Team. The successful candidate will develop and execute proof-of concept pharmacology experiments to demonstrate protection of eHSCs from immuno-targeting modalities such as ADCs, bispecifics and CAR-Ts using cell-based assays and flow cytometry.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Design and execute in vitro assays on a range of assay technology platforms (e.g. flow cytometry, imaging) to assess target expression, internalization and test binding properties of ADCs, bispecifics and CAR-T cells
- Execute cell-based assays to evaluate the cytotoxic activity of therapeutics
- Process cells and tissues from xeno-transplanted animals
- Participate in the design of experiments, the interpretation of data, and lead troubleshooting of experiments
- Create presentations and update progress to senior management
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings
- MS or BS in biology or related discipline
- BSc with 5+ years of laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting
- MSc with 3+ years of laboratory experience in an academic or industry setting
- Experience using multicolor flow cytometry-based assays such as Receptor Occupancy (RO) to characterize biologics (ADCs, bispecific antibodies & CAR-Ts) is strongly desired
- Extensive experience with cell culture, especially primary cell culture and cell-based assays such as cell cytotoxicity
- Experience with live cell imaging systems such as Incucyte and other plate-based assays such as Luminex multiplex assays
- Excellent communication, organization, and laboratory skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to learn and ability to work both independently as well as in a team
By becoming a team member here at Vor, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you'll benefit from discretionary time off, parental leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. We are conveniently located in Cambridge with easy access to public transportation and ample parking.
As an equal opportunity employer, we at Vor Bio know that diversity inspires innovation, inclusiveness, and creativity. We invite you to come as you are. All applicants will be considered for employment agnostic to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
In an effort to protect our coworkers and communities from COVID-19, where permitted by law Vor Biopharma Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and up to date with their vaccination unless they receive an approved reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Please visit our website at https://www.vorbio.com/ for more information.