- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Cardiometabolic
- Post Date: 12/03/2023
- Website: www.89bio.com
- Company Address: , San Francisco, CA
About 89BioProtein therapies for NASH, severe hypertriglyceridemia, and other cardiometabolic diseases
89bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for the treatment of liver and cardio-metabolic diseases. The company's lead product candidate, pegozafermin (BIO89-100), is a specifically engineered glycoPEGylated analog of FGF21. Pegozafermin is being developed for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and severe hypertriglyceridemia (SHTG).
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager and SVP of Finance, the Accounting Operations, Senior Manager will be responsible for all aspects of operations and processes in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain and oversee vendor relationship including but not limited to related research, resolutions, and licensing verification.
- Manage processing all invoices and oversee related auditing to ensure correct account codes for processing.
- Manage and oversee system batching, voucher proof verification and posting.
- Maintain purchase order log for approvals and issues for incoming purchase orders and file.
- Review and resolve payment blocks placed on vendors and/or specific invoices.
- Outstanding check reconciliations and follow up with vendors.
- Update procedures for business processes as needed.
- Assist with month end closing procedures as required.
- Advanced familiarity with Coupa (and NetSuite).
- Assist with ad hoc assignments, project work, testing of new processes and procedures within ERP and other Systems as needed.
- Help maintain Vendor Master File.
- 15 plus years of related accounting experience.
- Industry experience highly desired.
- In depth knowledge of general ledger posting process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ highly collaborative, and ability to cultivate strong internal/external network of relationships.
- The ability to anticipate and remediate problems that arise is essential.
- Very proactive, detail-oriented, organized and diligently follow-up on all issues until they are resolved satisfactorily.
- Committed to highest levels of professional excellence.
- Strong analytical problem-solving & interpersonal skills.
- Experience with working in high growth, collaborative organizations.
- Team oriented, highly motivated, execution focused with strong work ethic, ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities and needs - Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
We consider a range of factors when determining compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. The range for this position is $170,000 - $180,000 to commensurate with experience.
- Competitive health insurance coverage
- Generous PTO allowance
- 401k match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Commuter Benefits
- Women's forum / mentoring
- Office based in the heart of San Francisco, near plenty of shops and restaurants
- Fun opportunities to engage with co-workers in-person and remotely
Proof of Covid vaccination is a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Notice to Recruiters:
To protect the interest of all parties, 89bio does not accept unsolicited resumes and we ask that employees, hiring managers and executives not be contacted directly. All recruiting is managed through the 89bio Talent Acquisition Team.