- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: www.veronapharma.com
- Company Address: 3 More London Riverside, London, UK SE1 2RE, GB
About Verona PharmaVerona Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for the treatment of chronic respiratory diseases with significant unmet medical needs. If successfully developed and approved, Verona Pharma's product candidate, ensifentrine, has the potential to be the first therapy for the treatment of respiratory diseases that combines bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory activities in one compound.
Our mission is to improve the health and quality of life for the millions of people affected by chronic respiratory diseases. We do this through the development of our first-in-class molecule, ensifentrine. Ensifentrine has the potential to provide relief for millions of patients suffering from a variety of respiratory conditions including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis (CF) and asthma. Our focus is driven by our desire to ensure that innovative and differentiated molecules can reach these patients.
The experience of the Verona team, and its highly effective leadership allows us to challenge the status quo in drug development and commercialization. Verona provides a professional, diverse, and inclusive working environment where our employees thrive. We are driven to succeed by our desire to help those dealing with the chronic progressive nature of respiratory diseases. We offer you the opportunity to help create a new future for those people living with respiratory diseases.
Verona Pharma is currently recruiting a Regional Sales Director, West to join our team, reporting to the Area Executive Director, Sales. In this role, you will manage and provide leadership for regional sales personnel to achieve and/or exceed sales and earnings for Verona. You will translate strategy into action, creating and setting a vision for the team, and building a productive and innovative team culture. As a Regional Sales Director, you will develop, communicate, and execute business plans while leading a team of dynamic sales leaders/specialists.
To be successful in this role, you will exhibit leadership of the region and leadership within the organization by setting a standard of excellence through clear goals and expectations. You will also have a proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
We know our employees are our most valuable asset, and our culture conveys that. Trust, accountability, and efficiency are core values that drive our working environment. We have a unique opportunity to build a company that will bring a first-in-class medication to chronic respiratory disease patients with significant unmet needs. We also offer a competitive benefits package, including generous PTO, to support the health and happiness of our staff.
- Exercise judgment, integrity, and equitable management practices necessary to guide the day-to-day activities of a diverse team.
- Proactively communicate with the Area Executive Director, Sales on a routine basis to discuss/share ideas and challenges impacting the region.
- Develop and maintain solid customer relationships with key executives, decision-influencers and decision-makers at major centers, clinics, and other accounts.
- Plan, track, reinforce, and document measures of sales force effectiveness (i.e., adherence to strategy, tactical implementation, program planning, proper use of funds, reach and frequency on targets, etc.) and performance at the regional level in order to meet National sales objectives.
- Provide feedback and coaching to sales team, responsible for enhancing their selling skills, developing expert product and disease state knowledge, customer focus and increasing skills in time management and resource allocation.
- Recruit, hire and manage a team of Respiratory Sales Specialists within the Verona sales organization. Work with the team to create learning plans, recommend training and development solutions, and provide mentoring and coaching as appropriate.
- Analyze and coordinate activities resulting from identified industry trends, competitor’s resources, and practices.
- Lead local Plan of Action (POA) meetings within Region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Prior experience as a Region or District Sales Manager in Pharmaceutical sales leading territory-level sales representatives, or equivalent experience in leading across matrix teams is highly desirable.
- Successful track record of selecting, developing, and retaining talented individuals.
- Proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e., technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field and pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience coaching others on and selling specialty products and interfacing with Specialty Pharmacy and HUBs.
- Experience with hospital/IDN is a plus.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate business direction and vision to the regional team.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and effectively communicate scientific/technical business information, through understanding of applicable pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Ensure strict compliance, both in own behavior and behavior of sales team, with Verona’s corporate and commercial compliance policies, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination.
- Ability to meet any requirements set by healthcare customers and their facilities for access to those facilities (e.g. vaccination requirements, mask requirements, etc.).
- Understand and provide guidance and/or coaching to team members, demonstrating capability to navigate complex people management issues, while also partnering with the AED and Human Resources where necessary.
- Experience managing a successful product launch with documented success and/or product turnaround is a plus.
- Demonstrated success and recognized performance as a region or district.
- Travel is 70-80% depending on where you will reside.
As this position requires operation of a vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and (3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company. Further, a pre-hire drug test with satisfactory results is required prior to joining Verona.
The base salary range for this role is $170,000 - $230,000 per year. This annual base salary shown is a national range for this position and may differ by hiring location. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Verona Pharma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Verona Pharma are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.