- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Genetic Medicine
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: wavelifesciences.com
- Company Address: 733 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02138
About Wave Life SciencesStereopure oligonucleotides for Huntington's disease and other serious genetic conditions
Wave Life Sciences (Wave) is a clinical-stage RNA medicines company committed to delivering life-changing treatments for people battling devastating diseases. We aspire to develop medicines across multiple therapeutic modalities, including RNA editing, splicing, and silencing, using our proprietary discovery and drug development platform that combines best-in-class nucleic acid chemistry with the ability to target disease biology in new ways. At Wave, we are guided by our values of innovation, inspiration, inclusion, and impact, and we welcome those who are resolutely focused on achieving a brighter future for patients and families.
We are entering an exciting time for the company, having achieved target engagement and clinical validation of our platform in 2022. In 2023 we are executing against multiple milestones, including advancing our differentiated exon skipping portfolio in Duchenne muscular dystrophy, bringing the first-ever investigational RNA editing therapeutic into clinical development, and announcing our next slate of pipeline programs.
Wave Life Sciences seeks a Senior Manager, Social, Digital & Thought Leadership to join our growing Corporate Communications team. Wave is looking for a top talent with a strong interest in biotech drug development to join a growing RNA medicines company with multiple clinical and preclinical programs in muscle, liver, and neurological diseases, as well as a novel and best-in-class discovery and drug development platform. The Senior Manager, Social, Digital & Thought Leadership, will be a key partner in the Corporate Affairs function at Wave. They will report to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, and also work directly with Investor Relations and New Product Planning / Corporate Strategy and closely with senior leadership and groups throughout the enterprise. This role is focused on content strategy across Wave’s digital and social channels, as well as strategic thought leadership opportunities, which tells Wave’s story and increases stakeholder awareness at a dynamic and promising period for the company. The ideal candidate is creative, stays on top of social and digital trends, and has demonstrated success increasing mindshare for biopharma companies.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in corporate communications, public relations, or marketing within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Experience in RNA medicines/oligonucleotides (including splicing, RNAi, antisense, editing) a plus.
- Familiarity with appropriate regulatory and legal requirements.
- Develop and execute strategy for Wave’s website, wavelifesciences.com, potentially including redesign, relaunch, and maintenance of website.
- Draft content for the website, working in collaboration with appropriate cross-functional teams.
- Work in collaboration with Wave’s Information Technology (IT) team to manage content, infrastructure, and security updates to the website.
- Work in collaboration with IT to develop search engine optimization/search engine marketing plans that drive traffic and engagement on Wave’s owned channels.
- Collaborate with Wave’s Investor Relations (IR) team on content strategy for IR website, ensuring continuity in messaging across the main website and IR site, as well as on social media strategies that drive awareness and engagement from investor community online.
- Develop and execute content strategy for Wave’s social media channels, potentially including launch of new channels.
- Draft ad hoc social posts, prepare monthly social calendars, and organize targeted social campaigns, including paid campaigns, which highlight Wave’s programs, science, and culture.
- Facilitate creation of videographic, photographic and infographic content that dynamically tells Wave’s story to key stakeholders.
- Partner with Executive Team and other senior leaders to increase social media presence and issue content that elevates Wave’s messaging.
- Identify opportunities for corporate visibility and thought leadership, potentially including speaking engagements and company, team, and individual awards, and facilitate planning and material development around these initiatives.
- When needed, partner with New Product Planning / Corporate Strategy and digital agency to develop social analytics and social listening reports that inform development and commercial initiatives.
- Develop expertise in RNA medicines and diseases states in which Wave is pursuing treatments, as well as competitors and macro-level trends in the nucleic acids field.
- Demonstrated understanding of biotechnology industry.
- Passion for storytelling around novel and transformative science and medicines.
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to summarize complex medical and scientific information using terms and concepts that are relevant and appropriate for different audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with demonstrated interest working in a high-science environment and directly with senior leaders.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Wave Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wave Life Sciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wave Life Sciences expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wave Life Sciences’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Wave Life Sciences, USA, Ltd.