- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Cardiometabolic
- Post Date: 12/04/2023
- Website: whiteswell.com
- Company Address: 62 Briarhill Business Park, Ballybrit, Galway , IE, H91T0H7
About WhiteSwellMinimally invasive catheter to remove fluid from the lymphatic system to treat heart failure
Curious by nature, you’re energized by challenges. You’re a roll-up-the-sleeves leader eager to make an impact through creative problem-solving, commitment and teamwork.
Join WhiteSwell, a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, as we seek to fundamentally shift treatment of acute decompensated heart failure by harnessing the vital role of the lymphatic system in restoring fluid balance.
What you’ll do
- Work as part of the engineering team on complex catheter technologies to accelerate the next generation of WhiteSwell devices to market.
- Promote an innovation mind set, identify improvement opportunities, research and suggest solutions, and submit patent disclosures.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage relationships with key technology and component suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria related to materials, manufacturing processes, and design.
- Map out project plans and coordinate efforts across various stages of product development, from concept to rapid prototyping to detailed design and design for manufacture.
- Develop clinically relevant in-vitro and ex-vivo test protocols to profile device performance across a range of clinical scenarios.
- Work closely with strategic marketing, clinical, and commercial functions as well as scientific advisors to define patient and user needs and to specify design input requirements.
- Creatively problem solve as technical challenges arise, providing clear direction to team and while adhering to regulatory and quality requirements.
What you bring
- A BSc in biomedical, mechanical, polymer, materials or industrial engineering. A Masters or PhD in a related field is highly desirable, or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- 5+ years of engineering experience working for a MedTech company whose products and processes are FDA regulated
- Experience in the development and production of medical devices requiring complex processes and assembly techniques, with a proven ability to deliver results.
- High level of self-motivation and accountability to meet commitments, proactive attitude, and sense of ownership and personal responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
- Works well with teams, bringing a positive attitude and contributing to a supportive, respectful, goal-oriented culture. High integrity, providing an example to fellow employees.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Apply for this position. Upload your CV and the reasons why you’re a great fit for this job.