- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Genetic Medicine
- Post Date: 12/04/2023
- Website: wavelifesciences.com
- Company Address: 733 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02138
About Wave Life SciencesStereopure oligonucleotides for Huntington's disease and other serious genetic conditions
Wave Life Sciences (Wave) is a biotechnology company focused on delivering transformational therapies for patients with serious, genetically defined diseases. We differentiate ourselves through our proprietary chemistry platform that enables the production of stereopure oligonucleotides precisely targeting the underlying cause of rare diseases. At Wave, we welcome those who share a passion to change lives and embrace a culture that is thoughtful, dynamic, humble, and fearless. Together, we can contribute to our mission enabling every patient with a genetic disease to have access to life changing treatments.
Wave seeks a highly motivated biologist to join its research team in Cambridge, Massachusetts to support a rapidly expanding RNA-editing platform. This is an ideal position for an individual who is interested in working with cutting edge technologies and who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary biotech environment. The candidate should have strong technical skills, and will be responsible for designing, executing, and analyzing experiments as a member of team focused on advancing therapeutic programs and discovery research platforms.
- BS/MS in biology, biochemistry, cellular/molecular biology or related discipline with 1+ years of post-graduate research experience in an academic or industry setting
- PhD with 0+ years of post-graduate research experience will also be considered
- Experience in cell and molecular biology including mammalian cell culture, mRNA isolation/quantitation by qPCR, sequencing (NGS/Sanger), protein quantification by ELISA and/or western blot is required
- Hands-on experience in working with samples in 96- or 384-well plate format is desired
- Familiarity with liver disease models, primary/iPSC-derived hepatocyte culture, DNA/RNA editing tools, and oligonucleotide therapeutics is a plus
- Work in a cross-functional team to advance a novel oligonucleotide-based RNA-editing platform
- Develop and utilize sequencing-based assays to quantify RNA editing in various in vitro and in vivo model systems
- Plan and execute experiments to evaluate and optimize oligonucleotide-design
- Participate in the design and scaling of assays for drug candidate screening in cell-based assays
- Analyze and interpret data from molecular pharmacology studies
- Maintain detailed record of experiments in an ELN system
- Attend and present data at internal team meetings
- A strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required
- The individual should be able to function in a timeline-driven, dynamic environment, and be able to follow instructions in SOPs and rapidly adapt to new techniques and protocols
- Outstanding aptitude for experimental design and execution, efficient assay development and creative problem solving
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
- Committed and collaborative team player
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Wave Life Sciences, USA, Ltd.
Wave Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wave Life Sciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wave Life Sciences expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wave Life Sciences’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.