- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 11/27/2023
- Website: racap.com
- Company Address: 200 Berkeley Street, 18th Floor, Boston, MA, 02116
About RA Capital ManagementRA Capital Management is a multi-stage investment manager dedicated to evidence-based investing in public and private healthcare and life science companies, and private planetary health companies.
The Data Analyst Associate will support the Research Team by leveraging technical skills and tools (e.g., Python, SQL, general database) to work on select data projects and by identifying pain points in current processes and opportunities to optimize them through automation.
● Manage sourcing, collection, curation, and structuring of detailed scientific data to facilitate competitive landscape analysis and other projects as needed.
● Efficiently pull from myriad databases, including internal proprietary databases, third-party subscription databases, and public databases to extract key data and supporting information.
● Identify inefficiencies in our processes and propose technical solutions to optimize them, primarily through automation.
● Lead one or more quantitative data analytics projects with input from manager and help design and execute data visualizations as needed.
● Flexibility to manage priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
● Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
● Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in written and oral formats to both internal and external audiences
● Ability to suggest process improvements focused on automating time-consuming and/or laborious tasks
● BA/BS required; degree in biological sciences or quantitative discipline preferred
● Experience with analysis in Excel (formulas, macros, etc.) required
● Experience with Python and SQL required, experience in data visualization tools (Qlik, Tableau, Data Studio) preferred