- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Genetic Medicine
- Post Date: 12/04/2023
- Website: wavelifesciences.com
- Company Address: 733 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02138
About Wave Life SciencesStereopure oligonucleotides for Huntington's disease and other serious genetic conditions
Wave Life Sciences (Wave) is a clinical-stage RNA medicines company committed to delivering life-changing treatments for people battling devastating diseases. We aspire to develop medicines across multiple therapeutic modalities, including RNA editing, splicing and silencing, using our proprietary discovery and drug development platform that combines best-in-class nucleic acid chemistry with the ability to target disease biology in new ways. At Wave, we are guided by our values of innovation, inspiration, inclusion, and impact, and we welcome those who are resolutely focused on achieving a brighter future for patients and families.
We are entering an exciting time for the company, having achieved target engagement and clinical validation of our platform in 2022. In 2023 we are executing against multiple milestones, including advancing our differentiated exon skipping portfolio in Duchenne muscular dystrophy, bringing the first-ever investigational RNA editing therapeutic into clinical development, and announcing our next slate of pipeline programs.
Wave Life Sciences is seeking a creative, resourceful, and motivated pharmacometrician to join our organization to assist with and/or lead study design and data analysis for programs at various stages. In this role, you will support programs in the discovery, preclinical, and/or clinical stages spanning multiple modalities including RNA editing, splicing and silencing, as well as several disease areas. Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment are required.
- Ph.D./M.S. in clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and metabolism, pharmacometrics, chemical/biomedical engineering, computational biology/chemistry or a related field with 0-5 years' pharmaceutical industry /academic experience.
- Proficiency in common pharmacometrics software, such as Phoenix WinNonlin/NLME, NONMEM, MONOLIX, WinBUGS, STAN, Matalab, R or S+.
- Applies scientific knowledge and experience to cover a breadth of areas including the design, execution, and analysis and interpretation of pre-clinical and clinical PK and PK/PD studies.
- Applies quantitative skills to support model-based drug development and address complex issues via modeling and simulation.
- Interacts with CRO’s and consultants to oversee outsourced activities.
- Authors reports and regulatory documents.
- Supports publication strategy
- Contributes to department infra-structure building and hiring
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of DMPK and PK/PD principles, and possess strong modeling and simulation skills
- Ability to innovate and think creatively to support development activities and drug development process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills; adept at presentation of clear and accurate reports for internal and external projects
- Collaborative and self-motivated team player,
Wave Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wave Life Sciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wave Life Sciences expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wave Life Sciences’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Wave Life Sciences.