- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Genetic Medicine
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: wavelifesciences.com
- Company Address: 733 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA, 02138
About Wave Life SciencesStereopure oligonucleotides for Huntington's disease and other serious genetic conditions
Wave Life Sciences (Wave) is a clinical-stage RNA medicines company committed to delivering life-changing treatments for people battling devastating diseases. We aspire to develop medicines across multiple therapeutic modalities, including RNA editing, splicing and silencing, using our proprietary discovery and drug development platform that combines best-in-class nucleic acid chemistry with the ability to target disease biology in new ways. At Wave, we are guided by our values of innovation, inspiration, inclusion, and impact, and we welcome those who are resolutely focused on achieving a brighter future for patients and families.
We are entering an exciting time for the company, having achieved target engagement and clinical validation of our platform in 2022. In 2023 we are executing against multiple milestones, including advancing our differentiated exon skipping portfolio in Duchenne muscular dystrophy, bringing the first-ever investigational RNA editing therapeutic into clinical development, and announcing our next slate of pipeline programs.
Wave seeks a highly motivated oligonucleotide biochemist/bioanalytical chemist to join its research team in Cambridge, MA. This is an ideal position for an individual who is interested in learning cutting edge technologies and who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary biotech environment. The biochemist and bioanalytical chemist will be responsible for leading, designing, executing, and analyzing experiments as a member of team focused on advancing therapeutic programs and discovery research platforms. This candidate will contribute to all levels of oligonucleotide biochemistry, and bioanalytical chemistry in discovery research to support development of nucleic acid therapies in multiple disease areas. Prior experience in oligonucleotide biochemistry, bioanalytical chemistry and animal tissue processing is highly preferred.
- Experience in oligonucleotide biochemistry and bioanalytical chemistry, including enzymology, mechanism of action study, protein binding assay, structural biology, and oligonucleotide quantification/stability/metabolite analysis by LC/MS or other methods.
- Competent at analysis and interpretation of data from molecular pharmacology studies.
- Outstanding aptitude for experimental design and execution, efficient assay development and creative problem solving.
- Capacity to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment.
- Committed and collaborative team player
- Transferring of biochemical/bioanalytical methods to CROs and help with management of outsourced studies.
- Writing technical reports as needed
Education and Experience:
- PhD or MS degree in oligonucleotide chemistry, biochemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, enzymology, or a related field
- At least 3 years of post-graduate oligonucleotide research and/or oligonucleotide therapeutics experience in an academic or industry (biotech or pharma) environment.
- Prior knowledge/experience of LC/MS based biochemical and bioanalytical method development for oligonucleotide drug development or related experience is highly preferred.
- Prior knowledge/experience of oligonucleotide structural biology with PyMOL or related software is recommended.
- Hands on experiences with animal tissue processing is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and high-level of motivation
- Ability to function in a timeline-driven, dynamic environment, follow instructions in SOPs and rapidly adapt to new techniques and protocols.
Wave Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wave Life Sciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wave Life Sciences expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wave Life Sciences’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We value our relationships with professional recruitment firms. To protect the interests of all parties, and given the large volume of inquiries received from third-party placement agencies, we are not able to respond to all agency inquiries. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of a signed agreement between our company and a placement agency does not create an implied obligation and, if an unsolicited candidate represented by a placement agency is hired, we are not obligated to pay a fee. Only approved recruitment firms will be allowed to provide services to Wave Life Sciences.